Why volunteer with Western Lake Superior Habitat for Humanity?
- Benefit your career. Employers are more likely to hire a candidate with volunteer experience over an equally qualified candidate without volunteer experience
- Build your resume: develop new job skills, hone previous qualifications, explore career possibilities without risk, and challenge yourself; all while volunteering for a great cause.
- Make new friends, build personal contacts, develop communication skills, and share your skills with others.
- Studies show folks who volunteer live longer and hold higher levels of self-confidence. By making a difference, having fun, and feeling appreciated it's clear to see why this finding is true.
- By becoming a regular volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, you open up a world of professional possibilities. Staff are happy to write letters of recommendation, provide references, and provide projects to call your own.
Ready to get started? Check out our volunteer opportunites page, find an opportunity that is right for you and then either submit a volunteer interest form or call Susan at 218-722-3875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. It's just that easy!